Type: Cookies & Biscuits (Savoury)
Recipe: Ouma Anna (I had to translate it from Afrikaans!)
- 2 cups of Flour
- ½ t Baking powder
- ½ t Salt
- 250 g Grated Salted Butter
- 250 g finely grated Cheddar Cheese
- ½ cup Fine Apricot Jam
- Oven: 200°C
- Baking time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 70 Small biscuits
- Heat oven to 200°C
- Place baking paper on baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl: Sieve flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add grated butter to flour and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Add grated cheddar cheese and mix well.
- Make small dough balls and place on the baking sheet 2cm from each other.
- Take a wooden spoon and make a dent into the balls (about to ½ the width of the dough).
- Fill the dent with apricot jam.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool down on a cooling rack.